GLUTEN FREE LOW CARB SNACKS
Posted On April 19, 2020
Gluten free low carb snacks-vegan
A gluten free low carb recipe that is full of nuts and seeds. A much healthier alternative to store bought ones!
When I was the executive chef at the fabulous Akinon health resort these were a top favorite with the guests.
These crispbreads are a great low carb snack on their own or smother them with a healthy topping. I enjoyed a batch with some Camembert cheese and also another batch smothered with avocado.
There is another delicious nut bread recipe that I featured in a previous post Healthy nut bread recipe-gluten,sugar free
LOW CARB SNACKS
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower seeds
- 1/3 Cup Ground Flaxseed/flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons Chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons Pysllium Husk Powder
- 1/3 Cup Almond slices
- 1/3 Cup Olive or Coconut oil
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
NOTE Psyllium is mainly used as a viscous, soluble dietary fiber that is not absorbed by the small intestineMETHOD:
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- 2. Line a baking tin with parchment paper.
- 3. In a bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- 4. Add the oil and combine thoroughly until the mixture looks a bit like breadcrumbs.
- 5. Add the water and mix until you have a slight dough mixture.
- 6. Spread the mixture out evenly onto the parchment lined baking tray (I used a long brownie tray).
- 7. Bake for 15 minutes.
- 8. Remove from the oven and lightly cut the mixture into squares (it makes it easier to remove when fully baked).
- 9. Place back in the oven and bake for a further 30 minutes until crisp and firm.
- 10. Eat and enjoy!
In cuisine, dry nuts are dry, edible fruits or seeds that usually, but not always, have a high fat content.
Are nuts a healthy snack? That’s a no brainer!
Please feel free to mail me for any help: firstname.lastname@example.org